The results of the Breckenridge Snow Sculpture Championships were announced Sunday afternoon, Jan. 30.
And the winners are:
- 1st place: Team Mexico for Alebrije
- 2nd place: Team Canada / Yukon for Spirits of the Aurora
- 3rd place: Team USA / Breckenridge for Underwater
- People’s Choice award: Spirits of the Aurora
- Kid’s Choice award: Underwater
The snow sculptures are absolutely amazing at night. The LED lights are programmed to rotate colors and the result is phantasmagoric! I don’t think anyone would even realize that these amazing forms are made out of snow if no one told them.
The lighting of the sculptures on Sunday night is a real visual treat!
Categories: Around Breck